Open Desert Walkabout

Talk about or share information about your Ruger centerfire rifles.
savage rookie
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV, Savage VLP

Post by savage rookie »

Rick-

Very nice set up, the only reason i painted mine was that i had to cover up my stock texturing (spanked epoxy) otherwise i probably would have kept it black.

I still haven't shot it yet, but simulated prone position it is very steady, very natural, bipod is position at the perfect fulcrum point.

how often do you find yourself using the anticant bubble on your scope there?
The handle of the axe comes from the tree it chops.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

sr: Nice for sure, be sure to post it once you've got it painted. Very practical rig you've put together. I'll bet it will shoot too.

Anti-cant: I use it virtually every time I shoot. It's the offset device from Sinclair in 30mm. I've got them on most of my LR rigs, including my Sako 204 and find myself looking up to check cant at every shot. Amazing what you'll learn. You THINK the rifle is level with the world, then you look at the level......NOT.

The degree of offset past 300 yards when canted just one degree is startling, and explains many misses guys can't figure out 'why'. You're first shot hit probablity will really increase once you add one to your system. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

savage rookie
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV, Savage VLP

Post by savage rookie »

That's good to hear about the ACD, I've been looking into them, and have been waiting for a first hand account on real world experiences.
The handle of the axe comes from the tree it chops.
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

short barrels

Post by Ryan S Albright »

I like my rifles Handy and short fat barrels are the way to go. I was questioned about my 243's short barrel and told it was all wrong at a shooting contest when it was over I won first place. Who cares! what works is what works.