300wsm

Talk about or share information about your Ruger centerfire rifles.
Va varminter
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 FV

300wsm

Post by Va varminter »

I heard that wsm cases split pretty easily. Is this true. I had a guy ask me about the 300wsm and 7mmwsm. He was looking into them and ask for my opinion. I have only shot the belted mags and have no experience with the short mags
http://www.fairtax.org
Election day can't get here soon enough.
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Re: 300wsm

Post by Ryan S Albright »

I watched a guy shoot about 30 rounds one day at a range I believe it was the 270 wsm he let me fire a few rounds and I picked up his emties for him and asked if he was going to reload he said no I incuraged him to keep the emties any way I saw no problems with any of the cases. Some were nickel plated some were brass.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

What information I have, says the Winchester WSM brass is pretty stout. Maybe Brian, (.204 shooter here) can elaborate, he shoots a .270WSM for elk.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Post by Hotshot »

Vv,

That's a real popular caliber in Western Montana and I know dozens of people shooting(and loving the cartridge) but I never heard of a case splitting problem. Better than a 30-06(maybe), but it is not as good as a big magnum. Most shooters with a big magnum don't really need it anyway.