Ruger Target grey finish

Talk about or share information about your Ruger centerfire rifles.
jayph
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

Ruger Target grey finish

Post by jayph »

Does anybody know if any of the leupold custom finished scope colors match the finish on the Ruger Target? I would have to order the scope online and would hate for it to look really bad. I have tried to get answers from Leupold but have not recieved a response. Thanks.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Ruger Target grey finish

Post by Rick in Oregon »

jay: Your choices from Leupold are: Matte, Gloss, and Silver for thle standard production colors......the silver comes close to the Ruger Target Gray, but is not a perfect match, but looks good on those rifles.

If you call them directly and ask for the Custom Shop, they may be able to offer you an alternative that will come closer, but I'd call them prior to any online order from another entity.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

jayph
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

Post by jayph »

Thanks for the info. I was going to go to leupold direct to order the custom scope if one would match. However i can't seem to get an email response and with my work hours can't seem to get them on the phone either. Was just hoping maybe someone would know if one of there colors would match.
huntsman22
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 77VT and ruger mkII Ultralite

Post by huntsman22 »

jay, the leupold target grey is a pretty fair match to the ruger target grey finish. It is shinier, tho. More of a 'gloss' target grey, if you can imagine that. Burris has a grey finish scope that I kinda liked the looks of. The power ring and other accents are in black rubber. Again, not a perfect match, but at least the burris is 'matte' grey. Don