Rem 700 .300 wby imp B&C stock (pics)

Talk about or share information about your Ruger centerfire rifles.
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Rem 700 .300 wby imp B&C stock (pics)

Post by Ray P »

My .300 wby imp in a B & C stock factory 26" barrel
She'll do 2850 with 210 bergers
Nope sorry she's NOT for sale........enjoy the photos
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Rem 700 .300 wby imp B&C stock (pics)

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Ray: That stock sure looks like the McMillan A-5 Tactical. Form follows function I suppose. Very, very nice, and I'm betting she will be a dandy shooter.

You're getting way too many very cool toys, my friend! ;)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Ray P

Post by Ray P »

Rick.........Thanks for the kind words. The rifle I had since 1997. The stock is new. I liked the one on short action rem 700, I had to get one for the long action. There was nothing wrong with the H/S stock. The B & C is better on the bags and frontrest. That lst thing shot was a p.dog at 700yrds back in 2000. That was my last trip west for a hunt.
Thanks again and good luck to you on your p.dog and ground squirrle adventures. Enjoy reading and pics of your trips. It's nice see pics of group talking about a days shoot.
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Ray: A prairie dog at 700 yards is excellent shooting in anyone's book! Nice! It sounds like you're due for another trip out west....we don't want you going through varmint withdrawals :lol: . I bet that rifle/stock combination does indeed handle well on the bags. I've looked at that stock, along with the McMillan A-5 myself. Darrell Holland now offers some very neat stocks too, he's having McMillan build them from his own design; tactical/varmint and a neat thumbhole.

Thanks for the kind mention.....we're headed out again later this week, so I'll post more 204 varmint adventures early sometime next week when we return. I just don't want all these guys to burn out on our little forays with Skippy. As long as somebody enjoys the pics, we'll keep 'em comin'.

Remember the mention of my staging area from a while back? Well, it looks the same again. ;) I love this time of year! (Especially when all my loading is done!)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Post by Hotshot »

I love your rifle Ray. I shoot a 300 wthby built on a Sako action by Roger Green. It's very accurate but I'mnot man enough to take it prairie dog hunting. I use mine on bigger critters. What does the improved do to that case? I never even thought of trying to do that.
Ray P

Post by Ray P »

Hotshot...........Yep I know it's overkill on p.dogs, but out in the state of Wyoming the wind always blows!! We started are p.dog shoots at 500 yards and went out to 1K . We asked the rancher to show us some dog towns to give us this range. Usualy set up on masa overlooking the dog towns. My 22-250 was not up to the task. The wind played havac on the 55 gr nosler BT on my 1st trip out there. So had to brake out the wind buckers. :idea:
The sister rifle to the 300 is a 7 STW
Glade everyone enjoyed the pics.
Later
Ray P
Nomosendero
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by Nomosendero »

Very nice set-up!!
WaltherP99
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 VLP

Post by WaltherP99 »

REALLY wish they would make that stock for the Savage's! :)

Nice looking rifle ya got there! :wtg:
Ray P

Post by Ray P »

Walther.......I hear ya on the stock. My dad was lever man! A lot of Savage 99 in my collection. I moved to Rugers 77 mark II's. Loved there cast investment recievers and one piece bolts. Then I meet my friend/gunsmith and purchased a couple of Remington 700 sendero's from him. All I can say is there are alot of options for reminton 700 SA and LA. Similar to the savage bolts, even barrel swaps are simple with barrel nut Savage uses. My line up still favors savage 99's, next are my Rugers and my Remingtons followed by my Sako's
Thanks for the reply and good luck finding a stock. :chin:
Later
Ray P
WaltherP99
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 VLP

Post by WaltherP99 »

Thanks Ray! I already have one picked out for my Savage...the wait time is gonna suck though. :) I'd snatch one of those B&C's up right away an not have to worry about the wait if they made them for the Savage's.

I have one of their Medalist's on my Remmy and I really like it...just want something different for the Savage! :wtg: