Remington replacement part.

Talk about or share information about your Ruger centerfire rifles.
Ausiboy

Remington replacement part.

Post by Ausiboy »

Hi guys. Over here in Australia, we are not as lucky as you Americans. I have been trying to track down a replacement part for my Mod 710 in .270W

I need to replace the Magazine Latch (part no: 300362) and find that nobody here in Australia wants to deal with it. I have spoken to various shops and even the Ausi distributor directly. Raytrade say the parts are on back order and could take 6 months to recieve from USA, and then when I ring again a week later say they cant find that part listed! Ahhhhhhh!

Can anyone offer some advice on how to get this part to Australia? Has anyone had direct contact with Remington?

Thanks.
LeeC

Re: Remington replacement part.

Post by LeeC »

It appears that Remington does not have that particular part available, however, you can order the magazine assembly. Contact Remington's website for ordering info and phone number. The part no. is:

Magazine Assembly: Long Action 305396 $18.00 US
PM sent.
"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson
Ausiboy

Post by Ausiboy »

Thanks Lee for the reply.
I have rang Remington and they will not send anyreplacement parts outside USA.

I have made phone calls to the Australian distributor and they are not being any help.
What annoys me is that I hear how Remington is replacing the whole stock for its USA customers free of charge, but cant do anything for its International customers! Thats CRAZY! I might have to just cut my losses and buy another Ruger!

Thank you for the help.
LeeC

Post by LeeC »

PM sent.
"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson
Ausiboy

Post by Ausiboy »

Thanks Lee, PM replied to.