Super Bowl Counter-Snipers

Talk about or share information about your Ruger centerfire rifles.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Super Bowl Counter-Snipers

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Keeping us all safe at the Super Bowl, was some fellows from certain Federal LE agencies with some very trick equipment "up high". Here's a few shots of them at the game last week:

Great birds-eye view, eh? Do you think he's got his angle cosine down for that steep downward angle? ;)

This bring a new definition to the term "fixed positon varmint shooting"....

No biggie, just thought you guys would enjoy seeing just how safe the players and fans were, with their guardian angels "up high" with some very cool kit. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Re: Super Bowl Counter-Snipers

Post by RAMOS »

Had no idea they had any security like that, pretty cool though. Would not be a bad idea at some of those soccer games we read about! Pictures from your son, Rick?
steve
.204 Ruger Guns: rem 204 lvsf

Post by steve »

Looks like the best seat in the house! :D :D :D
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

RAMOS wrote:Had no idea they had any security like that, pretty cool though. Would not be a bad idea at some of those soccer games we read about! Pictures from your son, Rick?

Doesn't surprise me a bit. The Super Bowl is one of those events that is a prime target.

Jim
Pmoper
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FV

Post by Pmoper »

Would think those binoculars would be better for spotting and scanning than that rifle scope....imagine the excrement in contact with the oscillating blades (shot hitting the fan) if he had an AD and killed someone.... I would have thought a trained marksman (sniper) would know better....its one thing looking at a target, but on a watch...?? Just my 2 cents.....
K22

Post by K22 »

Kind of disturbing to me. :chin:
ryutzy
.204 Ruger Guns: Superior Arms Custom AR-15 Leopold VXIII 4.5-14X50

Post by ryutzy »

Well i think it's great and if somebody went nutz in there we'd all be glad for the snipers. It's a high profile event and I think it was a good call to have some security like that hidden away.
It's hard to detect good luck, It looks so much like something you've worked hard for and earned.
Stay humble, Stay teacheable
Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

Pmoper wrote:Would think those binoculars would be better for spotting and scanning than that rifle scope....imagine the excrement in contact with the oscillating blades (shot hitting the fan) if he had an AD and killed someone.... I would have thought a trained marksman (sniper) would know better....its one thing looking at a target, but on a watch...?? Just my 2 cents.....
The pictures were either taken before or after the game. The stadium is relatively empty and it looks more (to me) like the guy is posing for a picture than actually scanning for hostile threats. I don't know how scanning is done during the actual game, though.