Do your CZ's shoot better...?

Talk about or share information about your Ruger centerfire rifles.
jrwoitalla
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

Do your CZ's shoot better...?

Post by jrwoitalla »

For the CZ owners, I pose this query. Have you found that they shoot better after a few hundred rounds have been through them? This seems to be the case with my 452 in 17hmr and my 527 in 221fb. I was not happy in the least with either gun when they were new, but after sending a few hundred rounds down their tubes, they now shoot amazingly better. On Sat., my 221 shot a 5 shot excellent group(about .35") at 100yds and a 5 shot, 1.2" group at 200yds. My 527 Varmint in 204 on the other hand shot like a "house on fire" from day 1. Here is a pic of the 100yd target from the 221 shot on 23 June 2012 with a light, cool breeze using sand bags.
The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason- Benjamin Franklin
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Re: Do your CZ's shoot better...?

Post by Glen »

My 221 American shot my Brother's 10" Contender 221FB 50gr V-Max handloads into 1/2" 1st trip to the range. I bought some 50gr BK's & ended up trying the 3rd load tested with them. I was content with 3/8" @ 100yds. So right out of the box it was a shooter. And it shoots even better now since I gave it to my Wife. :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Post by RAMOS »

Well, I have a theory and, that is ALL it is. If you have a good, brand new barrel that is not well polished inside, shooting it will polish it up and result in greater accuracy. I know this is evident in high-end barrels, it just happens much more quickly because the bore is better finished to begin with. Now, you may ask: "Why do Savage rifles shoot so well out of the box?". The answer is quite simple. They are an anomally and are not subject to any of the laws of reason that apply to other forms of matter. As they say, there is an exception to every rule! Seriously, I think a lot of barrels reach their peak potential after being "fire-polished". Flame on, amigos.
Lenard
.204 Ruger Guns: 700 Remington

Post by Lenard »

My 223 527 Varmint started shooting 40 vmax immediately with capability of .1 and .2's. I tried a dozen different loads that shot patterns instead of groups. Two friends had the same experience with the 50 and heavier bullets.

After about 500 rounds I loaded up some 50 gr speer's with Benchmark and the best group so far is .085 at 100 yards. It would not shoot that load when new.It probably averages .250
TONK
.204 Ruger Guns: I own a .204 Ruger & 25-06 Ruger!

Post by TONK »

Now my CZ-rifle in a "triple deuce" was one friggin accurate rifle. It shot pretty good in the beginning but after about 300 rounds or more, it started to group very tight, using Hornady 50 grn bullet. This rifle had the set trigger and that took a little getting used to but the rifle shot better than some of my custom rifles that are 4 or 5 times the money. This rifle in the .222 Remington was 24/7 with under 1/2 groups at 100 yds come rain or shine. It was just one rifle that really closed the door on anything you aimed at throughj the 4 X 12 Leupold scope. I am a bit sorry I let that one get away but I wanted a 22-250 and a young fella saw me shoot that rifle at the gun range one Saturday and wanted it badly. 8)
Thank a VET for your Freedom!
akpls
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 77, Savage 11, Mossberg MVP, AR x 2

Post by akpls »

My .22 Hornet 527 shot great right out of the box.......and then I found a load it really liked (10.2 of Lil Gun and 45 gr. Hornadys) and it got even better.