Home Varmint Defense

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
TONK
.204 Ruger Guns: I own a .204 Ruger & 25-06 Ruger!

Re: Home Varmint Defense

Post by TONK »

Rick nice handgun for sure! I do love my 3 Kimbers but I have gone to using the Glock Model 21-SF in conjuction with my Glock model 29 in 10mm. In this house we do as they do in South Africa, where I go the handguns go and that includes the dinner table or the toilet. ;)
Thank a VET for your Freedom!
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

TONK: I'm with you on the same regimen as they use in SA; good protocol to be sure. However, I'm a long time Glock un-appreicator. One of my sons has a position with them, brings by some trick examples in his Pelican sample case.....two nights ago it was the brand new Gen-IV Glock, but I'm still unimpressed and much too traditional to go the poly frame route, no matter what the virtues and advantages.

Anyway, I see you're pretty active here now that you've landed, and wanted to welcome you aboard. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

TONK
.204 Ruger Guns: I own a .204 Ruger & 25-06 Ruger!

Post by TONK »

Rick thank you sir for the welcome!!! Now to be honest about the whole thing, I most likely would never have purchased a GLOCK for myself. I been turning up my nose at them for over 25 years or more. I am far to traditional going back to my very first Gold Cup and later 2 model 70 series that I purchased to have reworked for the "practical pistol shoots" when they first started up years back.

I have a hand problems that will not let me sweep the safety off of a model 1911 and the blessed thing really acts up sometimes where I can't even hold on to the Glock hardly. I world of caution to those young folks out there that abuse their bodies, it will catch up with you later and the price is not cheap by any means.

Rick I look at my Glocks like a Carpenter would a hammer, simply a tool, nothing to get excited or marvel over, in the fact your holding a fine piece of milled steel workmanship. I am a steel and wood man by the way and love the blue luster and burl walnut on guns. I hate plastic with a passion or Poly whatever too. :)
Thank a VET for your Freedom!
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

TONK: A quickie related to Glock and my son who works for them......when he came by with the new Generation IV Glock, he had just previously shown me another 9mm service pistol (don't know or care the model number), but this one had a 4" supressor, twin 50 round snail drum mag (100 rounds total count), and was......full auto!

He showed me a video of him firing 10 round bursts on F/A....impressive to say the least. One hundred rounds from a machine pistol is always impressive, at least to me.

P.S. .....I still don't want one! ;)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails