XDM 40 Cal

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
WY-NEvarmints
.204 Ruger Guns: AR 204

XDM 40 Cal

Post by WY-NEvarmints »

Well I finally pulled the trigger and brought home a side arm. I have been pondering it for some time now but as of late it has been getting higher on the list as the hours roll by. This is a crazy world and I want to be ready when the need arises. A civic duty is not one that needs to be taken lightly. Here are a few pic’s of the new peace of mind. Clearly time for a new camera phone with a few less scratches on the lens.

In the case still.

First time out.

Ran about 30 rounds down here after work, on the way home. I definitely need to run a lot of rounds down it to bring my confidence level up to where it needs to be, but it sure is a great feeling having the peace of mind.

WYO
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: XDM 40 Cal

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Congrats...nuthin' like that nice warm feeling of security. ;)

Now it's time to lay in a case or two of .40 S&W ammo......and practice, practice, practice with your new weapon. 500 rounds and she's broken-in. :D

Coincedently, I just finished up another 1,000 rounds of .45 ACP using the Nosler 185gr JHP on my Dillon 550 for practice ammo in my carry piece.....can never practice enough for something we hope we never really need.

Good luck with the new XDM; the .40 S&W is a real snorter! :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

WY-NEvarmints
.204 Ruger Guns: AR 204

Post by WY-NEvarmints »

Agreed, you can never have enough practice, and I am certain there would be a million thoughts go through ones mind in that split second before drawing your weapon. That is when the muscle memory from many many rounds takes over I'm sure. Beautiful weapon you have there RIO. I'm sure sidearms are as bad or worse, once you have one, you have to have more. I've already been digging around on reloading components for practice rounds.
cracker

Post by cracker »

I like seeing another armed good guy. Practice with a purpose always pushing yourself to be a little faster a little better.
Remember the 4 A's Always Aware Always Alert.
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

Forgot to pass on this tidbit of info for XD 40 caliber owners. The 180 gr bullet from Georgia Bullet company is absolutely excellent in every XD version I have shot it it. Everything from an XD compact, service, XDM, and XD M Competition model shoot these extremely inexpensive bullets rather famously.
6mech
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP

Post by 6mech »

acloco wrote:Forgot to pass on this tidbit of info for XD 40 caliber owners. The 180 gr bullet from Georgia Bullet company is absolutely excellent in every XD version I have shot it it. Everything from an XD compact, service, XDM, and XD M Competition model shoot these extremely inexpensive bullets rather famously.
Thanks for that, I'll have to give them a try.
brokeasajoke
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem VSSF II .204 VX-III 8.5-25 side focus tgt dot

Post by brokeasajoke »

I have a XD subcomp for i use for CC. Would i lose too much velocity pushing those out of my short barrel or would I be best suited with a lighter bullet? What recipes are you guys using for your .40s?
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

brokeasajoke wrote:I have a XD subcomp for i use for CC. Would i lose too much velocity pushing those out of my short barrel or would I be best suited with a lighter bullet? What recipes are you guys using for your .40s?
Won't lose much velocity, some, but not much.

I use Hodgdon HS-6 in everything. 9mm, 40 S & W, 357 Mag, 44 Mag, & 45 ACP. Burns clean, accurate, and mid/top of speed.

....and...I use it in everything. Did I mention that? :)
Pmoper
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FV

Post by Pmoper »

Nice....I just purchased a .40 S&W ....ready for this....? LOL Another CZ.....LOL CZ P-07 Duty....shoots great, feels good in the hand.....RANGE TIME....