Anyone shooting Kimber Super Carry Pro?

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
Keith in Ga

Anyone shooting Kimber Super Carry Pro?

Post by Keith in Ga »

I'm suffering sellers remorse after selling my Kimber Pro CDP to my buddy. He just "had" to have it after shooting it, and I've regretted it ever since. However, I've had my eye on a Super Carry Pro. I haven't been too fired up about the "bobbed grip" on some guns, but the Kimber looks and feels good. Would like a report from any owners before I make the plunge.
ImageImage
Joe O
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV,Ruger K1V,G2 Contender

Re: Anyone shooting Kimber Super Carry Pro?

Post by Joe O »

Or,you could bob any 1911 you already have with the Brown MSH.Get one in your hand.I think you'll like it.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Keith, bummer about the sellers remorse....been there, it sucks big time!

Have not shot a Pro CDP, but have shot Captqc's Ed Brown Bobtail (Commander size), and can say it felt very good in the hand, recoil felt different, but can't quantify just how. Overall, I very much liked the overall feel of the pistol, but not being a Kimber, really can't offer more.

I'd suggest logging onto the 1911 Forum, go to the Kimber forum, and ask......I'm sure there's guys over there shooting them.

http://forums.1911forum.com/forumdispla ... 0d610&f=27
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Keith in Ga

Post by Keith in Ga »

Well, slight glitch in getting a Super Carry Pro. Found one this weekend at a local gun show, and get this, at a decent price. Course the action had the slide out of battery and a zip tie installed for safety. Upon examination, the 1/2" or so of barrel showing was covered with surface rust. I pointed this out to the owner, he was surprised to say the least. We looked at his 5" SC, and it has the same rust. I didn't see rust on any other guns in the case. I just couldn't bring myself to spend $1400 for a "new" rusty pistol. My old Kimber PRO CDP never had these issues. I called Kimber, their guy said it was a "maintenance issue" and you had to keep them lubed. My desires for the Super Carry Pro have been put on hold. What would you do?
ImageImage
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

I prefer my Old reliable, but reworked G.I. service 1911. or my newer Springfield Compact.. Bill K :)