Found an old Colt treasure

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Found an old Colt treasure

Post by Rick in Oregon »

MickeyD: Wow! That is about the nicest example of a 1903 I've ever seen outside of a magazine. Beautiful does not even describe that pistol, and the engraving is just outstanding too. Your dad must have been quite proud of that weapon, and your son no doubt will be too once it's his. I'm always on the lookout for these guns, something about them reminds me of a mini 1911, and they sure feel good in the hand too.

Thanks for sharing that sweet Colt. :D

BillK: Thanks bud, it fits in quite well with her stable mate. Having one in .32 ACP and one in .380 ACP sort of fills out the mini collection, and both shoot very, very well for pistols so old. They sure do not build them like that any more! (But I see that Colt is bringing out a limited run of this gun in .32 ACP, and it goes for a tad over $1,200! :eek: )
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

That is one nice looking pistol.
hemiallen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 204r, 20vt one Sako-one Cooper, 17FB 17HH, 17JAVALENA

Post by hemiallen »

Beautiful guns, both the Military version and the engraved.

I forgot about this older posting, I have a 1903 380 ACP I received from a co-worker many years ago, and with it came a Colt brochure from the year the gun was purchased in SFO by his Uncle.It has the wood grips and has a few area's of thinning blue, but way better than some I had seen for sale in the $500 range. I suspect that Mil one is pretty rare.

Allen
deadeye55
.204 Ruger Guns: cz 527 22 inch bbl

Post by deadeye55 »

wow rick that is a beauty, i have one from my grandfather but it wasnt engraved
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

deadeye55 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:14 pmwow rick that is a beauty, i have one from my grandfather but it wasnt engraved
deadeye55, welcome to the 204um, good to have you aboard.

Feel free to post any photos of that Colt you received from your granddad; we like pics. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Ole Alex
.204 Ruger Guns: TC Encore

Post by Ole Alex »

Hello
Mr. Rick in Oregon,
Thank you for your kind message about the target grouping of the 204 Ruger. Bad as I hate to I must cancel . I am 77 years old Mr. Rick and wondering why I am still here with so many health problems. Looks like I just can't make any really good advancement with these heart problems. But I greatly appreciate the offer to compete. I once did about every kind of target work one can think of. My best was done at night when the wind had died completely. My best bullet is the 39 grain ballistic tip. That little bullet is awesome out of the 204. A crow at 300 yards doesn't have a prayer of a chance to live unless he flies.
I am in south Georgia Mr. Rick in the heart of the peanut farming area. farmed all my life till a Dr. did a cath on me and poked a hole in a coronary artery. Shut my working life down completely. But I am still kicking just kicking real low now.
That is a beautiful pistol you found. i love everything ole John Browning ever built and he built a lots of guns. The man had to have been a genius gun designer. You know Mr. Rick, the hump back Browning shot gun that people complain about kicking so bad is because people don't know how to set it up as Mr. Browning says it is to function best. That being there is not suppose to have any oil on the magazine tube or the spring. The gun has a brass sleeve that works up and down on the magazine tube when the gun is shot. The brass sleeve leaves a very minor mark on the magazine tube and that is the way it is suppose to be set up to work. If this is done correctly the gun shoots much lighter than any gas operated gun in existence. The minor amount of brass left on the tube is all the lubricant the gun needs to function properly and nobody know this to set it up as mentioned. This just shows how smart Mr. Browning was to me. I just thought I would mention this, might be some members who don't know this.
Kindest regards Mr. Rick,
Alex Lunsford (Ole Alex) :D
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Alex, PM sent.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Tom Kat
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527, Ruger American Predator in Magpul Hunter stock

Post by Tom Kat »

Rick you have them in better shape than I have seen them in around here
"The difficulty lies not so much in developing new ideas as in escaping from old ones."

John Maynard Keynes