Fun with 2 of my nieces

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Fun with 2 of my nieces

Post by futuretrades »

A few weeks ago, my 2 nieces came down from Alaska, for a visit. They have known for all of their years, that their uncle in Kalifornia, just loves his guns, and really enjoys taking them shooting. Their dad, my brother, grew up around guns and the hunting experience, same as myself, but for some unknown reason to me, he never involved his daughters with firearms. He used to go hunting every year with his son. Any way, on this outing I took a few guns, including assorted rifles and pistols. Both of them wanted shoot just 2 of my pistols, my snubbie in .38, and my "big" Smith chambered for both 38 and .357 magnum. I really didn't think they would enjoy the magnum loads, but both of them wanted to shoot them. Once they shot that magnum, reloaded with a max charge of powder, both were in "hog heaven". That was all they wanted to shoot! :lol: Between the two, they burned up 2 boxes of .357. For those that don't know, that is 100 rounds. They wanted me to shoot to, but I told them, I can do this almost anytime I want, and I had more fun taking them out to do something they don't do at home.
By the way both are very liberal, but I think if they hang around me for any length of time, I would change their thinking! :eek:
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Re: Fun with 2 of my nieces

Post by acloco »

THIS......is EXACTLY...what ALL of us need to do!!

Thank you....thank you...THANK YOU!!!
futuretrades

Post by futuretrades »

acloco wrote:THIS......is EXACTLY...what ALL of us need to do!!
I could not agree with you more, Tom! Here's another story just for grins. At Thanksgiving my nephew and his new bride, from Montana now, showed up unexpectedly for the holiday. The following Saturday, I asked them if they wanted go do some shooting. Matt's wife agreed reluctantly. During some casual conversation, I found out that her dad is also a hunter, and has been around guns all his life. Unfortunately, he never involved his daughter. In fact, she had never held a firearm of any type. She was watching my nephew shoot my 38's with a lot of curiosity. When I asked her if she wanted to try, she said she would like to try my K22. After a short discussion on gun safety and the proper grip for a pistol, and loading and reloading the cylinder, I turned her loose. After her first shot, I could tell from the grin from ear to ear, that we now have a new convert. Then she wanted to shoot the 38. More grins and smiles on her face! In fact she was asking me what my thoughts were for a pistol for a woman. Matt jokingly said if she wants a pistol, that would be great, but she would have to hold off on her trip to Mexico! :eek:
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
acloco

Post by acloco »

LOL! Perfect.

Where in Montana did they move to? (My home state - and my roots run DEEP there!!)
futuretrades

Post by futuretrades »

They were in Missoula, but could not find steady work. I just heard they moved to Billings a couple months ago, and both are working full time in their respective fields. Maybe with full time work, I can talk her into that pistol she was interested in! :lol:
acloco

Post by acloco »

Very good on the move. Missoula is superbly beautiful, when the fog or feet of snow is not happening.