.224 Harvey Kaychuck pistol

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
S.B.
.204 Ruger Guns: none

.224 Harvey Kaychuck pistol

Post by S.B. »

Recently had Andy Horvath build me one out of a S&W model 15 and a K22 cylinder and barrel.
Steve
Attachments
IMG_1272.JPG
IMG_1272.JPG (4.5 MiB) Viewed 21359 times
IMG_1271.JPG
IMG_1271.JPG (4.31 MiB) Viewed 21359 times
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: .224 Harvey Kaychuck pistol

Post by Bill K »

That sure looks nice and I bet it will be one sweet shooting and handling handgun. Thanks for sharing it. Bill K :)
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

SB: Very nice there, buddy.

That'll give that Smith an entirely new life of its own. Out of over 20 handguns in the safe here, only one is scoped, but it sure is a lot of fun shooting out the truck window over a dog-gone-good window bag at ranch varmints.

Mine is a Smith M648 in .22 WMR and a Leupold 4X handgun scope, set up exactly like yours.....

Feel free to post some field pics and critters if/when you get her out into the field. We love pics! :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

IanCurred

Post by IanCurred »

They're great looking guns! Thanks for sharing the images.
CameronRampling

Post by CameronRampling »

Thanks for sharing the photos. They look great. Having a custom gun built by a skilled gunsmith like Andy Horvath can be a great way to get a high-quality firearm. It sounds like you had him build a hybrid gun using an S&W Model 15 frame and a K22 cylinder and barrel. This combination would likely result in a revolver that can fire both .38 special and .22 LR ammunition. Yet, keep in mind that depending on state laws, the legality of owning such a hybrid firearm may vary. You should consult with the local authorities before owning one. Getting up to date with the laws was the first thing I've done after buying my new weapon from https://midcitygunshop.com/product/hk-sp5-for-sale-2023/. So, I suggest you to seek professional advice.
Last edited by CameronRampling on Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

CameronRampling wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:07 amIt sounds like you had him build a hybrid gun using an S&W Model 15 frame and a K22 cylinder and barrel. This combination would likely result in a revolver that can fire both .38 special and .22 LR ammunition.
Cameron: A bit confused here. Explain to us how this revolver could fire both .38Spl and .22LR ammunition. It has a .22LR barrel, and not one of .357" bore. Seems to be quite the conflict here unless the owner changed out barrels and cylinder.

Am I missing something? :chin:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

glide
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Varmint

Post by glide »

Is midcitygunshop for real?
jsh
.204 Ruger Guns: Encore, savage LRPV

Post by jsh »

I would be interested in which if any state has such, against a multi caliber firearm?
There are numerous platforms than can be switched from a huge assortment of cartridges, rim fire and center fire.

A hybrid of originally a center fire to rim fire or visaversa, has been done for years by many custom smiths.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

I also can not see how a revolver set up like this, to shoot 22 LR (rim fire) with the barrel in .224 could shoot a 38 Special also. Bore is to small for .357 plus the cylinder chambering and the firing pin off set for rimfire. I think someone is confused with their comment. Correct me if I am wrong. :)