Canik TP9SFX

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: Canik TP9SFX

Post by Bill K »

Just a brief comment to go along with yours Skipper, regarding the 115 grain factory load in your pistol.
I had two, over a period of a couple weeks of two round, factory 115 Blazer 9mm fire, with just the primer, no powder and lodge the bullet just into the lands on my Smith & Wesson SD9.
Easy enough to push the bullet back out, but after the a second round did the same, I just but aside the rest of that brand and will not shoot it. Only issue so far, with that brand, is this 9mm 115 grn type.
Advised factory and they did return a refund on two boxes of it. Due to private party, shipping, etc was told to just trash it.
My reloads with a 115 bullet work just fine. I believe I just happened to get a box or two, of this factory ammo that went through the line and failed to have a powder charge put in. :eek:
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

skipper wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:17 pm Rick

Thanks for the kind words. I love shooting, always have. I do not carry the Canik, range gun only. The problem is not the gun but I haven't found the right holster. You know of any??
Skipper, I'm guessing you've already contacted some of the major players in the holster quest. One you may not have contacted is Wright Leather Works, who's products are very well made, reasonable delivery and fair prices for most any weapon one can think of.

Here's a Predator OWB they did for my Wilson Combat SFX9 3.25" a few months ago:

Fully lined, sweat-guard, sight track and great retention. When looking at their site, I see Canik is a pistol brand they make holsters for, so your search may now be over. Good luck, be sure to let us know how it shakes out. Hope this helps.

https://www.wrightleatherworks.com/coll ... ke-holster
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

I hung a light on the front of the pistol. That complicates the holster issue a bit.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

skipper wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:30 am I hung a light on the front of the pistol. That complicates the holster issue a bit.
From seeing postings from others regarding lights/lasers on pistols, Wright LW has accommodated others in this regard, so maybe a call to them asking if they'll make one for your Canik with light is feasible. Can't hurt, right? :chin:

(Never been a fan of hanging stuff off a combat carry pistol, but that's just me. LE or duty, fine, but not for carry IMO). I'm a subscriber to the 'KISS Principle".

No rail, no light, no laser, just business.....

Let us know if you call WLW and what they say about your Canik w/light holster.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Rick: In my day, we trained with not having the light up by the handgun, as it gave the bad guy a path to shot back at you and towards you head and upper body mass.
I still, to this day will not hang a light on any handgun. If I need a light, it is in the off hand and held out to the side pretty much at arm's length.
Just a old habit and I probably save me on more than one occasion, in some exchanges. BIll K
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Skipper, there's an article in American Handgunner this month that has a feature-length piece on the Canik MC9 Micro Compact you may want to check out. Have not read it, but from a casual glance, the piece seems to get high praise from Dr. Will Dabbs, the writer for what it is and what it's for. He calls it "The Micro Compact for smart people".

Just thought you might find it interesting.

Bill K: I quit hanging lights and lasers off my guns a long time ago, use the method I was taught while in LE like yourself. A WML makes you a dandy target for a miscreant.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA