ComfortTac Holster

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

ComfortTac Holster

Post by skipper »

Okay, I know it's not pretty. That's a given. However, it works all day everyday. If you're looking to conceal carry in comfort, look no more. Very cost effective at under $40. You don't need a utility belt and jeans. IWB or OWB, very versatile little holster. Almost unnoticeable in shorts and tee shirt.
ComfortTac.jpg
ComfortTac.jpg (246.05 KiB) Viewed 28948 times
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: ComfortTac Holster

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Looks like it'll do the job, Skipper.

I tried a belly band back in the '90's, but now I've got more belly to band. :lol: So I'll be interested to hear how it's working out for you after a month or so. It appears to be much better constructed than the old unit I tried, and has more utility too by the looks of it.

Of course during this time of year at the latitude I live, even OWB works well, as most everyone has clothes that conceal about any handgun. I realize you live in a much different climate, so kudo's for you being able to carry in shorts. Shorts WX here is six months away! :eek:

I hope after a month or so, you give it a 'thumbs up'. :wtg:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

I will be watching for your thoughts in about 6 months also to see how you like it or not. Several years ago I tried one and it just did not work well for me, slide around too much, also up and down, I believe I was just to active for the style of a carry containment, so I gave up on it and went back to the inside waist band holsters I used prior. So, down the road let us know how it does for you. :)
Tom Kat
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527, Ruger American Predator in Magpul Hunter stock

Post by Tom Kat »

Rick brings up a good point. Here in Kansas, most crime (violent crime) in my area happens in the warmer months. He have huge weather/temp swings. We go from -20 to 109 degrees. I struggle with summer CC clothes because I am fat and old and HATE hot weather in general. Winter, no problem. Summer...takes more thought on what to wear.
"The difficulty lies not so much in developing new ideas as in escaping from old ones."

John Maynard Keynes
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

Plus one for the belly band holsters. Ever take a gun for a sit down bio break in a public restroom? With a holster mounted on your belt you have to unbuckle and drop your pants, and your gun, to do your business. You have a couple of choices. One, leave the gun dangling from the holster OR two, take the gun out of the holster and find somewhere to lay it. The job is never quite done till the paperwork is finished, LOL. Then you'll still need both hands free to fenagle things until you get your pants up and can re-holster. I don't like either option. With a belly band holster, not so. Your gun stays safe and ready in the holster the whole time.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Skipper there are pro and cons to all holsters. I will still wait and see how you feel with that holster set up, after wearing it for about six months.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

With all the various ways to CC a pistol (or revolver), my belly-band trials indicated to me that my standard method of carry (IWB) is/was the best for me.

When out of the house and the "need" arises, it's a simple matter to sit down, pistol in the holster and just let it lay folded over on my pants while they're in the 'down' position. Been doing it that way for over 30 years, and see no reason to change. I've read some very entertaining stores of both CC guys and even LEO's leaving their gun in the stall, forgetting it, dropping it in the stall, having it slide off the paper holder, etc. If you check, there's a plethora of stories related to this very subject.

Nothing wrong with the belly-band method of carry, we all have our proven methods, but it's just not for me, as I never found it to be very comfy during daily activities. And the belly-band pretty much precludes the carry of a full-size combat pistol, at least for me.

Even my full-size Browning Hi-Power rides nicely in my Privateer Leather IWB rig, and it's a five incher:

The upside to all this, is the fact that in today's marketplace, we've got beaucoup choices, and that's a good thing! :wink:
But I'll also freely admit that if carry in shorts and a tank top is the primary method of clothing for hot or summer carry, the belly-band does indeed have a place when wearing a belt is not on the agenda. Where I live, that would be less than a three month period.

But as others have mentioned, let us know how it works out after a few months of carry. Interesting subject.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails