carry-gun

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
Rugerdogdog
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS Panther Arms LR-204

Re: carry-gun

Post by Rugerdogdog »

Bones,
Everybody is right about not skimping on your carry weapon as it is probably the only weapon that your life may depend on some day.
Having said that, I know where you are coming from as when I bought mine $1100+ for the Kimber or Springfield that I really wanted was just not an option.
What I ended up with is the ParaOrdinance Warthog. Its got better capacity, 10+1 double stack, and was only $750. Probably not the quality of the Kimber, OK definetly not, but for the money it is a fine pistol. I really like the feel of the double stack grip but most I have heard do not. My best advice would be do lots of searching/research as I knew not a thing about the M1911 when I bought this piece, now I'm a huge fan. 11 rounds of .45acp should more than suffice or else I'm in a situation I shouldn't have found myself in!!!
P.S. That IS my bedspread.
DPMS Panther Arms LR-204 24" Stainless Fluted Heavy Barrel

There is a place for all of Gods creatures...RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Rugerdoggie: Nice pistol. I also like the Para's, and agree that the feel of the double stack grip feels nice in the hand.

Your comment about if 11 rounds of .45acp won't get it done, it's a bad situation reminds me of a quote from a well-known writer: "If the .45acp is not enough, I should have had a rifle!"

Personally, I can't think of a civilian "social situation" that a magazine of .45's could not handle, unless you were attacked by a large force of Muslim extremists armed with AK's! That scenario brings to light the value of the "HDR"! ;)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

Here's a picture of my HK 40 S&W Compact USP. I really like this gun. After being in the Marines for seven years I'm kinda partial to the 45s but this one packs a whalop and is very light and accurate. It will feed anything you care to serve up. That is my number one consideration. If you have a carry pistol that fails to feed, chamber, fire, extract, etc., any failure at all. Get RID of it and get a side arm that you can count on. Next, learn how to use it under pressure. Nuf said.

Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Squatting Wolf
.204 Ruger Guns: '07 Savage 12 LRPV

Post by Squatting Wolf »

My vote is for the H&K also. It's tough, accurate and eats anything you feed it. I've had mine for 5 years now and absolutely love it. A 1911 is high on my list of next purchases to make but for now the H&K rules the roost!

Here's a picture of mine...it's a full size matched up with an M6 Laser/Light combo. Not so great for carry but works well around the house! I would expect the Compact version to be a great carry weapon.

It's more important where ya hit 'em, than what ya hit 'em with.
'07 Savage 12 LRPV .204 w/ Leupold VX-II 6-18 LRV reticle