New Gunowner Fubar

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
LeeC

New Gunowner Fubar

Post by LeeC »

With every Tom & Harry buying guns, I'm not surprised. Club member brought nephew out to try his new Sig .40. Fired bang, bang, thunk. Decided something wasn't right when bullet hit wall Behind him then bounced off his uncles' back pocket. That and the cartridges wouldn't stay in the mag. Brought gun and mag to the lounge room of clubhouse to another guy and me to see if we might know what the problem was. I dropped one of his 9MM cartidges down the barrel and said this is your problem. He said the clerk at Gander Mount said this Sig could shoot both 9mm and 40 cal. The nephew said he read the instructions said it could shoot both. Advised that the clerk was a cluck and the instructions read that that model Sig came in both 9mm and 40 cal but would not interchange, which he found out luckily without damage to himself or other rubberneckers nearby. Just goes to show.
"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Re: New Gunowner Fubar

Post by Captqc »

:eek: There is a strong need for some firearms education with those folks! I see people at my favorite gun shop that I'm sure they don't know which end the bullet comes out of. Gary
surfclod
.204 Ruger Guns: None

Post by surfclod »

I was at the range yesterday and was talking with a Philippino fella who has a "knowledgeable about guns" buddy load up some shells for his 7mm Rem Mag. Unfortunately it was a 270 that was used, I only heard it from him and the accent was strong but from what I could gather it fired and the brass separated around the base and neck split. He claimed that the rear of the bolt was now looser than before the errant round was fired. He was gonna get it to a proper gunsmith but was still using it.

I cringe every time I hear wisdom from a gun store counter or from someone claiming to be a gunsmith, seems if you mount a scope for a guy once in your life you can claim to be a gunsmith or firearms expert.
sniper model 12
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage model 12 single shot synthetic stock bull barrel

Post by sniper model 12 »

Any anti-gunners out there who want another reason to gain control of all firearms and let the goverment decide who has the
P r o p e r T r a i n i n g to shoot a handgun.

I understand a learning curve on most things, but that normally applies to horseshoes and baseball. Firearms. . . . that learning curve can be leathal! It's hard to have fun at the range when you have to closely supervise the fella next to you !! :? :(
"Adopt the pace of Nature: Her secret is patience."
Ralph Waldo Emerson