NEW (to Me) KIMBER

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
happy shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: savage model 11 / ruger target gray

NEW (to Me) KIMBER

Post by happy shooter »

Stopped a local gun shop yeasterday to pick up powder & primers I had on order & spotted this used (but not abused) Kimber classic stainless target series 1 in the case. Just could not resist the price.I already had a custom II and loved it. Not real sure about how old it is? Anyone know a link that I can put serial # to find out more info. Pistol does not even look broke in yet (very little if any wear on normal wear points) Also not sure but I think this may not be original trigger.

Ps primer shortage may be nearing the end , local shop recieved REM 7 1/2's & today I was emailed that my back orderd REM large pistol primers have shipped. LOOKS like Remmington has been shipping. Maybe others will be shipping soon
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Re: NEW (to Me) KIMBER

Post by Captqc »

Happy,
Nice going on the Kimber! You may be right on the trigger as I don't remember that type on Kimbers (at least my two don't have that type). Let us know how she shoots.
Gary
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

That's an early Kimber trigger....my old Clackamas Oregon Custom .45 came with the exact same unit.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

happy shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: savage model 11 / ruger target gray

Post by happy shooter »

Trigger as I am told by a member at M1911.org is a stock trigger made by Chip McCormick & is no longer made He offerd $40 for it if I want to sell. Must be a pretty good trigger????
TONK
.204 Ruger Guns: I own a .204 Ruger & 25-06 Ruger!

Post by TONK »

Happy Shooter I have one in the vault just like the one you have pictured! The trigger is the same as well and it is smoother than fine silk. The first time it was shot, was by a friend of mine who is a police officer and shoots on their pisol team. I sat their with amazment at the pistol range, as he proceeded to cut a single circle out of the center of the target at 15 yards. Yes, it was one ragged 1.25 inch whole when he got finished shooting.
Thank a VET for your Freedom!