1911 compensator

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
serpent71
.204 Ruger Guns: xr-100

1911 compensator

Post by serpent71 »

i was wondering if any of you guys have one or have used one. i have been looking at them and i want to know how much do they help or if its better to just get a barrel kit thanks for the help guys
Critter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1B .204, Ruger 77/44,

Re: 1911 compensator

Post by Critter »

I have had an old Clark Barrel and Comp on one of my 1911s for years. They do wonders for rapid shooting at multiple targets like plates or pins.

As to barrels and comps, there is a company located in Washington that specializes in same. Schuemann Barrels. Their product also has comps available, either external or internal. There have made many innovations and have an excellent reputation for accuracy.

You need to find a good smith to install the product.

Here is their web site.

http://www.schuemann.com/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx

Here are some examples from Clarence Lai:

ImageImage

jakes10mm
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1

Re: 1911 compensator

Post by jakes10mm »

Their efficiency depends greatly on the cartridge being fired. They are not overly effective on 45acp unless you are shooting light, fast bullets that are pushing the upper end of the pressure limit. On higher pressure rounds like 38 super, 10mm and hot 40 S&W loads, they provide noticeable reduction in muzzle climb. I shot IPSC/USPSA competitions for many years. I started with a 45acp and added a comp; didn't really see a significant advantage until I started reloading 152gr bullet screaming out of the barrel.