Colt: A fair deal?

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
sixshooter
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger number 1

Re: Colt: A fair deal?

Post by sixshooter »

Rick,

That is good advice. My family only had colts and single action rugers when I was a kid. I got a near new model 19 and I was pretty happy with myself. My buddy and me were crusing on the high desert when we spotted a rabbit and set out for a shot. I left my box of shells on the floor of his dads willies pickup. We hiked quite a ways and shot the smith 4 times. I realized my shells were back in the truck so I checked my cylinder and moved it so that the first live round was left of the hammer. Came upon a big old badger, raised the gun and click. Checked it again and did the same. My buddy said your gun works backwards. I said get out of here. I set it up and the patiant badger got to see a flash and hear a loud bang but I missed him by a foot. We thought something was wrong with my gun so we headed to a gun store. They all had a good laugh and so did we. Glad it wasnt a charging bear.
jakes10mm
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1

Re: Colt: A fair deal?

Post by jakes10mm »

Agree with the majority, you came out way ahead on that trade. Walk into any gun shop and they'll be stocked with Glocks. You'll search far and wide to fine a gun shop with a Python.