Remington 1911

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
poppybull
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Remington 1911

Post by poppybull »

Just saw that Remington is introducing a Model 1911 45 cal, price $620.
Clint E
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Re: Remington 1911

Post by Clint E »

ya saw apic of it last week nice looking .might be another one to and to the collection
sixshooter
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger number 1

Post by sixshooter »

In the 1960's a neighbor of mine had a collection of .45's that was pretty neat. I was a little kid so it was over m head but he had world war II service guns that had made it back and were sold used. They were made by all sorts of companies. Ones that I think I remeber were ford and gm car companies, singer sewing machine co., and remington arms. I could be wrong about the remmington but I am sure about the singer and the general motars. The singer was his favorite. He had about 10 and said to always look at old .45's and buy them if they were made by somebody cool then call him. I have looked at lots of them and they always seem to be colt and they want a lot.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

Remington-UMC made 1911s for WW1, then Remington-Rand (a typewriter company) made 1911A1s for WW2. Singer Sewing Machine made 1911A1s, and there were others, Colt, Ithaca, and Union Switch & Signal also made 1911A1s. High Standard made some 1911A1 parts, mostly for Ithaca to use.

It's all but impossible to make a list of all the current 1911 makers, and subcontractors, etc. You'd get a major migraine trying to figure all the players out now. Just as an example, Armscor, out of the Phillipines, is making the new High Standard 1911s, and making pistols for several other companies (Metrogun and more) besides, like STI's Trojan.

Remington is just one more company trying to make a buck off the 1911 design. The write-up I read doesn't entice me to buy one, though. Remington has screwed up enough stuff in the past few years, that I wouldn't trust one.

I'm an old Colt guy.......................................................they've done 'em for nearly 100 years now, nonstop.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
22shooter

Post by 22shooter »

Remington has a lot of experience with 1911 45s. During WW2 they ran an arsenal in Ogden, Utah to repair 1911s for the services. Their chief inspector was Elmer Keith.