LCR

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
bullfrog
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 MarkII All Weather Ultralight

LCR

Post by bullfrog »

I spent a while looking for a very light and easily concealabe hand gun for concealed carry. After a while I decided to go with a revolver in 38 special. I shot a couple tiny autos including the lcp, but didn't really like any of them much, and prefer the 38 over the .380. At first I was going go with a j-frame s&w as I had shot one and they felt real nice in the hand, but after dry firing a couple lcr's and considering it saved a small amout of money, I decided to go with the lcr and am glad I did. I really like how the grip fits my hand, and it stings less when you shoot it than the j-frame did, however, I've heard they are real similar with the ct grips.
I may put the ct grips on at some point, but for now will probably just replace the front site with something a little easier to see in the dark.
I love the size/weight of this gun for concealability, and it's a pleasure to shoot too. It fits great in a front pocket and it's still fun to shoot even after a couple boxes of rounds, although the +p's do bark a little sharper. I read one review where the magazine writer said recoil was non-existent in the lcr. Not sure what he was shooting through his, but that was a completely stupid thing to say. A more accurate description is that it is simply managable and fun to shoot as well.
Here is a pic of a couple targets from 15 yards. About what I would expect, but hopefully will get better. Also a pic of how it fits in my hand.

Now, if I can just squeeze together enough money for the kimber ultra carry that noslers pro shop has on sale. :wink:
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul.
TONK
.204 Ruger Guns: I own a .204 Ruger & 25-06 Ruger!

Re: LCR

Post by TONK »

It is a much better pistol for CCW than it's semi-auto cousin, that will bank your trigger finger everytime you fire is fast! We had two of them and traded them in that week for Sigs.
Thank a VET for your Freedom!