Info on FH/FNH pistols

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Info on FH/FNH pistols

Post by acloco »

Have an opportunity to purchase a new FN/FNH pistol in 9 or 40 (10 or 14 round). My pick would be the 40 caliber 14 round flavor.

Besides that, anybody held one in hand?

I use a Springfield XD Service model in 40 S & W to teach concealed carry. Any personal opinion between the two?

Have not held an FN in hand, so, asking for anybody that has had the opportunity to provide some insight.
venison_burger
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 sps chambered in .204 ruger

Re: Info on FH/FNH pistols

Post by venison_burger »

acloco,
unfortunately, I have no first hand experience with the FN pistol, although I have lots of first-person perspective video game experience with the FN in 5.7mm :P . You're not considering the 5.7 round? I've heard its a fine pistol and that round just seems too cool. I guess that's the same reason I'd rather buy some ridiculous non-practical wildcat that .001% of the firearm-owning public have than some dime-a-dozen caliber.

That being said, I like my state issued glock in .40 s&w which we all know is a fine round and a good compromise. I guess you'd have to hold them to know what the different feel is for each caliber.
acloco

Post by acloco »

VenBurger - thanks.

I actually did have the chance to hold one in hand. Feels just like my Springfield XD Service model (in 40 S & W)....minus the grip safety.

Balance was good, overall dimensions were good....I am impressed.

But, in all reality, what do I really need another handgun for? :)
windy
.204 Ruger Guns: rem lvsf

Post by windy »

I didnt think there was TOO many guns a person can own.
acloco

Post by acloco »

windy wrote:I didnt think there was TOO many guns a person can own.

LOL! I hear you. Little short on fun tickets since moving. Paying the mortgage on two houses REALLY sucks. No, not rich, by any means, just getting buy....literally.
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

Acloco.........Hey good luck twin mortgages. Guns..............you can never have tooooooooo many........they all need to cleaned and shot or shot and cleaned. Trigger time is always a must!!
You'll do it I have faith in you.
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"