Superperformance

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
ryutzy
.204 Ruger Guns: Superior Arms Custom AR-15 Leopold VXIII 4.5-14X50

Superperformance

Post by ryutzy »

Well the wind died down, it was sunny, and 19 degrees out so I just thought I would try a few loads of the new superperformance powder for my 243. I shot 5 rounds with WLR primers, WW brass, and 49 grains of powder. I then shot 6 rounds with 49.6 grains. (over max) Both rounds were seated into the lands. Both loads grouped about .75 in at 100. 49grains was shooting 3523fps and 49.6grains was 3560 fps. I do realize that my speeds would probably be faster if it werent so cold out and if I had a slower twist for this bullet. (75 grain vmax) My twist is 1:9. I am shooting a Ruger M77/Mark II as is from factory. Unfortunately my Leopold scope on this gun is heavy duplex and only a 3X9X50. I feel I could shoot a better group with a finer crosshair as my crosshair covers the bullseye. :( I will keep playing with the loads and try to get more speed and accuracy from them. I did not have any pressure signs yet. (yes I know it was cold) These loads were less than 20 fps faster than my current H414 load. Somewhat disappointing, but I have not tried a really hot load for this powder yet. My H414 load was tested in warmer weather so the fps difference may be more then I think. I hope to get this bullet over 3600 fps. I will keep you all posted, but it may be a bit before I get the chance to try a few more powder charges.
It's hard to detect good luck, It looks so much like something you've worked hard for and earned.
Stay humble, Stay teacheable
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Re: Superperformance

Post by Jim White »

I grabbed a couple of lb's myself. Right now I'm playing with neck turning (what a chore) but I'll get to it soon.

Jim