Taurus 2" - .38 +P Revolver Spring Kit

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
RLKondo
.204 Ruger Guns: NEF 204

Taurus 2" - .38 +P Revolver Spring Kit

Post by RLKondo »

Hi Guys,

Been busy and not able to get to the forum lately, I don't post much, only when I need some advice, but read most of the posts here.

With your advice I purchased the Taurus 85- 2" .38+p with a grey finish because it was in my budget. Wife is excited so I offered to let it be her gun, but she thought we should buy her, her own hand gun. YES, hopefully we can move into the semi-autos next!!!

Anyways, I'm looking for a spring kit. The used Taurs 85 I shot had a great trigger pull, however the new out of the box is very stiff. From what I read this is normal??? So could you give me your opinnions about trigger springs for revolvers and any other information I should know.

I have always got great information here, I'm sure I wont be disapointed

Thanks! :D
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Taurus 2" - .38 +P Revolver Spring Kit

Post by Rick in Oregon »

RL: Being all Taurus revolvers are copies of Smith & Wesson, it might be possible to get the appropriate spring kit from Wolfe's Gun Springs (or other supplier) for a Smith that will work.....maybe. You'll have to either remove the sideplate and compare to a Smith, or have a smith do the operation for you should you find a suitable replacement spring kit. I've never seen spring kits just for Taurus revolvers, but they may be out there.

If you've never worked on a double action revolver innards, I'd suggest having a qualified smith do the work; it's not for a novice.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails