Ruger LC9.........

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
Keith in Ga

Ruger LC9.........

Post by Keith in Ga »

just had to have one, after reading the "not so flattering" reviews of the Solo. I bought the Ruger this week, and have put about 150 rounds thru it, without a glitch of any kind. VERY accurate, can keep shots inside a silver dollar at 10 yds. Trigger pull is smooth and reminds you of a good revolver. Recoil is mild, and even the "hot" Gold Dot carry loads were not a problem. With my senior eyes, the front sight was a challenge. Yesterday, I was able to hit a small metal silhouette target almost every shot at 50 yds. Plenty good enough for a small pocket gun.
ImageImage
Valar
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

Re: Ruger LC9.........

Post by Valar »

My buddy just bought a lc9 a couple weeks ago. I have been looking at that and the Kel Tec. I am curious to see how his shoots? Thanks for the post
Melvin Eades
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage M12 VLP, CZ 527 American, CZ 527 Varmint

Post by Melvin Eades »

Keith in Ga,
I had my wife handle the LC9 and the SR9c and she liked the feel of the LC9 better so we're thinking about getting her one since she has an interset in having her own hand gun.

What are the pro's and con's of the gun so far?
Enjoy it while you have it, because things will change.

“Never trust the veracity of anything you read on the internet. That’s how World War I started.” — Abraham Lincoln.
Keith in Ga

Post by Keith in Ga »

I now have around 300 rounds thru the LC9 with NO malfunctions. It will shoot the 115,124, and 147 gr bullets with no problems. I'm still impressed with the gun.
ImageImage
Melvin Eades

Post by Melvin Eades »

Well....I ordered one today so we'll see how it's going to shoot.

“Never trust the veracity of anything you read on the internet. That’s how World War I started.” — Abraham Lincoln.
Keith in Ga

Post by Keith in Ga »

Melvin, just an added note on shooting the LC9. The trigger is similiar to a good double action revolver trigger pull. You won't be able to shoot it like a 1911 using the pad of your trigger finger. However, this is a plus for me, since you can safely carry the gun with the safety off while in a pocket holster, ankle holster, etc. My buddy bought an LC9 and he complained that some shots were right on target, and some low. I explained to him it was "shooter" problems, and not gun problems. He was trying to use the wrong technique on the trigger.
Good luck with the gun, and keep me posted on how it shoots.
ImageImage
Valar
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

Post by Valar »

I still havent had oppertunity to shoot buddys lc9. I suspect it is similar to the lcp 380 version. Lcp boast a trigger saftey, making it hard to shoot accurate with a long trigger pull. The thing to consider is most self defense assaults occur inside of 7 yards often 7 feet! Practice practice practice!
Melvin Eades

Post by Melvin Eades »

Well.... the wife picked up her LC9 a couple weeks ago, but hasn't had time to get out with me to shoot it, but I did. I'm impressed with the way it shoots and feels for a small gun. If she decides she doesn't like it, I'll take care of it for her.

Melvin Eades

Post by Melvin Eades »

Today, Christmas Day, the temperature got up to 49* and sunny so after lunch my wife Linda and I got out and was going to see how the LC9 was going to work for her. I had her do some dry firing first so she could get the feel of the gun and the trigger.

She wasn't real keen on the long trigger pull so I loaded it up and had her try shooting some targets.

The gun fuctioned without a problem for her and the shooting I had done with it earlier. She did good on the targets but doesn't like the long trigger pull. She likes the triggers on my 1911's and revolvers better so I don't know at this time what to do. We may give it another try another day and if it's not going to work I'm going to have to look for something else for her. She likes shooting my Taurus 941 in .22 magnum with a 5" barrel so I might look at getting her one of these in a shorter barrel. I've wanted to get one of these in a 2" lite weight for a while so this may be a good reason to get one. Eight shots of .22 mag. 45 grain bullets can be very lethal.

acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

Pull it apart, dowse with carb cleaner, and buy some STOS from Ponsness Warren. With a Q Tip, a wipe on every moving part will do WONDERS for this pocket pistol (or any firearm with moving parts). Don't get the carb cleaner on any plastic or painted parts.

I teach concealed carry with my buddy. When he is lecturing, I am checking the firearms brought to class and I go through them prior to the shooting portion. You will be slightly amazed at how much smoother everything runs.

This is a synthetic lubricant that has a rather wide temperature operating range.

Next up, Gun Brite. Apply the outside of the metal parts for a couple reasons. Provides a barrier to the normal "dust" from shooting and also provides a nice barrier from moisture and fingerprints. Do not apply to painted finishes.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

My Wife loves her LC9. She is also used to the triggers on the hunting rifles but got the hang of it purdy well after 3 or 4 boxes thru it. This Spring I hope to get her out for a couple boxes a month in it.
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Melvin Eades

Post by Melvin Eades »

acloco,
Thanks for the info, I'll have to give it a try.

Glen,
Once I try what acloco suggested, I'll try to get her out if the weather cooperates and maybe she will like it better.

Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

I think she will like it. For self defense ammo we ran some Hornady Critical Defense thru it. That stuff is waaaay hotter but it really ruins a perfectly good piece of 3/4" pine doubled up!! :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen