I'm sorry if you live in Kalifornia

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

I'm sorry if you live in Kalifornia

Post by Rick in Oregon »

It appears the raging liberal idiot of a govenor in Kalifornia, Jerry Brown, has passed a bill to outlaw OPEN CARRY of firearms there. So now if you are unfortunate enough to live in that almost communist state, the state that will NEVER give you a Concealed Carry Permit, you cannot carry a firearm concealed or openly, offering yourself up for food for predators (the two legged variety). Reminds me of what I've read of Nazi Gernamy in 1933.

This in the face of almost all other states offering Right to Carry laws. Left coast progress. :?

When I go out today for my daily rounds with my legal CCW Kimber Ultra CDP II .45 ACP on my hip, I'll be thinking about you guys down there saddled with yet another useless gun law that works in the opposite rather than what was intended by your ignorant Kool-Aid sipping legislators. Sheesh, what a stupid thing to do! :wall:

Remember when seconds count, a cop is only minutes away............ :chin:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Re: I'm sorry if you live in Kalifornia

Post by Mike »

Rick, I feel sorry for the good people who are stuck in the People's Republic of California as well. I am, however, reminded of a quote that is very fitting. The people get the government they deserve. Until the majority of people in California come to their senses, this is the kind of thing we should expect. Criminals must be dancing in the streets. :wall:
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Mike wrote:Rick, I feel sorry for the good people who are stuck in the People's Republic of California as well. I am, however, reminded of a quote that is very fitting. The people get the government they deserve. Until the majority of people in California come to their senses, this is the kind of thing we should expect. Criminals must be dancing in the streets. :wall:
Un-fortunately the majority of Kalifornian's are in that catagory, of not being able to see beyond their nose. The criminals just got a head start on crime, with Brown signing the no open carry law. Either you now carry and chance arrest, or become a victim of the criminal that does not care about any gun law to begin with. Our politicians are so stupid anymore. Of course Brown has the Cal Highway Patrol, state police and national guard to protect him, so he could care less about the citizens. Bill K :mad:
Schrutester
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by Schrutester »

I wonder if this will be challenged for infringing on 2nd Amendment right to bear (i.e. Carry) arms.
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

Rick in Oregon wrote: Remember when seconds count, a cop is only minutes away............ :chin:
Only takes a couple of seconds to dial 9-1-1; might take a lifetime for them to respond (and they don't have any obligation to respond at all).
sixshooter
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger number 1

Post by sixshooter »

A young man from Idaho Falls took his small family on a trip to Disnyland in 2004. He pulled a small camp trailer with a 1 ton truck. He was a contractor and very use to driving a trailer and his truck was a turbo desiel so it had the power. He was driving to a trailer camp area that he had set up to stay at when he got pulled over. He realized that he had his smith .44 mag in the door slot so he set it on the dash. The cop went crazy and called for back up. After some time in handcuffs and a thurough surch of the truck and trailer they confiscated the gun. They wrote him a ticket for failure to reduce his speed by 10 percent while towing a trailer and another one for posession of a loaded firearm. They let him off on a long list of violations related to the trailer which was not california legal.

After a lot of legal work and many thousands of dollars he paid a fine and will not get the gun back but he did not have to go to jail. I a pretty sure he will never take those kids to Disnyland again.