Wisconsin is on fire

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
cracker

Wisconsin is on fire

Post by cracker »

Wisconsin is on fire when it comes to getting back the rights we some how lose along the way :D :D .
Concealed carry is finally here, they passed the castle doctrine so it appears I can do what I would have anyway before they made it law :D . I now can protect my family and loved ones and also my property with the law a little more on my side :D . Its nice to know some people in office have the sense to know a criminal could care less about the laws and the law abiding citizen does. Its nice to have the playing field even again instead of in the criminals favor.
I have 1300 rounds thru my smith and wesson M&P40 compact thats about three months old and I am starting to feel pretty comfortable with it. Can't wait to get the little license in the wallet and the little gun in the pocket.
Sportingly
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Wisconsin is on fire

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Congrats Mark! Glad to hear folks finally woke up in the WI legislature. That only leaves a few unfortunate states lacking the Right to Carry.

When it comes to daily carry, there's lots of options, but after using everything over the years from the dumb a$$ "Fruit-of-the-Loom" nylon rigs that pose as holsters and claim to be gun-worthy but flop about endlessly, to mass-produced off the shelf stuff. The cheap stuff can get you killed....period. If you want what seems to be one of the very best, consider something from Milt Sparks in ID....built for everyday carry, used by professionals the world over.

My Kimber Ultra CDP-II .45ACP in a Milt Sparks Versamax II.....so comfortable you forget you're wearing a .45:

http://www.miltsparks.com/

Good luck, enjoy that newfound freedom! :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

cracker

Post by cracker »

Thanks RIO,
It's a good feeling knowing I can carry soon, some may not understand it then for others like me its in my DNA. I will be ordering one of those holsters real soon (maybe tommorow if wifey isn't looking). I should be O.K. waiting till spring as I wear a lot of clothes in the winter plenty of places to conceal.
Thanks to you and Brain for helping get me up and running on the site
Sportingly
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker
Valar
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

Post by Valar »

Cracker, I am just south in Ill. I just took the utah concealed carry class. I am waiting on permit. I will leave Illinois when I retire. I can no longer tolerate , illiterate politicians ,with no respect for our forfathers and Constitution they created.
The class does stress practice, as it should! Also, every bullet has 20 blood sucking lawyers attached too it! Carry, with utmost care!
Take care,, God Bless America
xa-coupe
.204 Ruger Guns: None At The Moment

Post by xa-coupe »

Someone get me a job over there. In Australia and in particular the state I live in, you are not allowed ANYTHING for self defence. If you carry hair spray for self defence and are silly enough to tell the cops, that's an offence. We really don't need CCW here which is fortunate as it doesn't exist.
cracker

Post by cracker »

Happy days are here again, My little card making it legal to conceal carry was in the mail yesterday. Not really sure why I need it as "the right to bear arms shall not be infringed upon" and I would say having to shell out money take a class and carry a little license on me while packing a gun seems to infringe a little. But what the heck I am legal.
xa-coupe
" we really dont need CCW here which is fortunate as it doesn't exist"
not sure why you would not need to defend yourself over the pond, unless there is no crime over there and if thats the case we can trade jobs and houses and I will be living in Eden.
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker
xa-coupe
.204 Ruger Guns: None At The Moment

Post by xa-coupe »

cracker wrote:Happy days are here again, My little card making it legal to conceal carry was in the mail yesterday. Not really sure why I need it as "the right to bear arms shall not be infringed upon" and I would say having to shell out money take a class and carry a little license on me while packing a gun seems to infringe a little. But what the heck I am legal.
xa-coupe
" we really dont need CCW here which is fortunate as it doesn't exist"
not sure why you would not need to defend yourself over the pond, unless there is no crime over there and if thats the case we can trade jobs and houses and I will be living in Eden.
Cracker
What I meant was that we don't have the street crime issues that some of the US has. It is far from unknown but it is quite rare to have a violent robbery or aggravated burglary involving weapons. To generalise a bit, aggravated burglaries usually involve drugs or an ongoing dispute between crime gangs who already have their ( illegal ) firearms but thankfully tend to use them on themselves not the general public.
cracker

Post by cracker »

RIO
In six months I should have a very nice holster, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. You are a man who is very much in the know when it comes to firearms and after looking around it was clear what to do order what RIO said to order. hope you enjoyed your B-day and I hope some day I can shake your hand. Thanks for all the great info you have given to all on this forum
Sportingly
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker
TD-Max

Post by TD-Max »

FYI I have a customer/friend who is taking the training courses to get UT, FL etc certified. He's out of the Hudson area. His wife is following suit so she can do a woman's class as well.

From what I understand I can apply and receive a WI permit without taking a course as I have taken hunter safety course years back, BUT I don't know how well records were kept back in the late 70's-early 80's. I plan to take the UT etc course(s) with my firend as it should get me most of the states that I might travel in.
Sako VLSS Set Trigger in .204 with Leupold VXIII 4.5-14x50 LR
Sako VLSS Set Trigger in 22-250 with Swaro Z5 5-25x52 BRX and turret
Sako Stainless Synth in .260 with Swaro Z5 3.5-18x44 BRX
Ruger MKIII 678GC with Ultradot Matchdot
Vartarg
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 77MkII Target, Remington LVSF

Post by Vartarg »

TD-Max: I would seriously doubt that any "hunter safety" course will pass muster for a state requiring training prior to CHL issuance.

Regardless of when taken or records kept, the courses are completely different and the curriculum specific by statute for legally carrying a handgun concealed.

I could be wrong...it's happened once or twice before :shock: ......YMMV.

Good luck,

George
PEACE-Through Superior Firepower
TD-Max

Post by TD-Max »

As I understand WI Hunters Safety course completion or Military training now qualify you to obtain a permit in WI. This is quite a turnabout from NO to about the most liberal law. What this means is nobody wants reciprocity with WI as they now scoff at our minimalistic requirements.

In other words don't try to carry in MN on a WI permit...

As for the minimalistic prerequisite see here:

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/Con ... -11-11.pdf
Sako VLSS Set Trigger in .204 with Leupold VXIII 4.5-14x50 LR
Sako VLSS Set Trigger in 22-250 with Swaro Z5 5-25x52 BRX and turret
Sako Stainless Synth in .260 with Swaro Z5 3.5-18x44 BRX
Ruger MKIII 678GC with Ultradot Matchdot
cracker

Post by cracker »

Yes it is true that your hunters safety will get you your permit to carry a concealed weapon in Wisconsin. This as stated earlier has other states say what? hunters saftey, no way are we going to permit those wisconsin people to carry in our state. Most here wish the requirments were stricter so more states woulkd honor our permits. As far as records go you can find a copy of your hunters saftey on the wisconsin DNR site, I also think the wisconsin justice department web site has a link to get a copy of your hunters saftey from the dnr. I would not carry concealed with a permit I received because I have taken hunters safty, there is nothing about when you can legally use deadly force in hunters safty courses. Get the training you need, take a GOOD concealed carry class. When I applied for mine I sent them a copy of my hunters saftey, my Utah permit, and my concealed carry course certificate.
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker