Gun Owner Privacy Under Attack in Oregon - Gun Owners Of Ame

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
Snoplop
.204 Ruger Guns: Pantherâ„¢ LR-204 & BROWNING, A-Bolt II 204 Ruger

Gun Owner Privacy Under Attack in Oregon - Gun Owners Of Ame

Post by Snoplop »

http://gunowners.org/sa021612.htm

Gun Owner Privacy Under Attack in Oregon
Thursday, 16 February 2012 14:07
Written by John Velleco Immediate Action Required

The good news: a bill to protect the privacy of gun owners (HB 4045) passed the Oregon House yesterday overwhelmingly by a vote of 44-14.

The bad news: Senate Judiciary Chairman Floyd Prozanski recently declared all gun bills dead on arrival in the Senate.

The worse news: Two separate requests have been made recently for ALL concealed carry license (CHL) records from the State Police.

And the worst news: The State Attorney General has instructed the State Police to disclose the records.
"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."

People who love sausage and people who believe in justice should never watch either of them being made. ~Otto Bismarck
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Re: Gun Owner Privacy Under Attack in Oregon - Gun Owners Of

Post by Jim White »

Snoplop wrote:http://gunowners.org/sa021612.htm

Gun Owner Privacy Under Attack in Oregon
Thursday, 16 February 2012 14:07
Written by John Velleco Immediate Action Required

The good news: a bill to protect the privacy of gun owners (HB 4045) passed the Oregon House yesterday overwhelmingly by a vote of 44-14.

The bad news: Senate Judiciary Chairman Floyd Prozanski recently declared all gun bills dead on arrival in the Senate.

The worse news: Two separate requests have been made recently for ALL concealed carry license (CHL) records from the State Police.

And the worst news: The State Attorney General has instructed the State Police to disclose the records.

They have been after this for a couple of years now. I wonder if I could get them to release all the folks personal info that has a drivers license in the "People's Republic of Multnomah, Clakamas, Washington & Lane counties in Oregon?
Johnnu
.204 Ruger Guns: SAVAGE PREDATOR

Post by Johnnu »

They just posted all of our names in a NY newspaper; actually they did it a couple of years ago as well. I understand that a lawyer, in return, posted the names and addresses of the newspaper publisher and all the people involved in the writing of that article, on FACEBOOK. I don't have an account so I can't view it, but I think it is a good way to respond to such irresponsible journalism (pardon the redundancy of the last two words). p.s. been a couple of years since the last publication of our names and no one has tried to get into OUR house :-)))))))
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

I just heard a report from KATU on this subject the other morning. They reported that the Oregon Court of Appeals has ruled that the names of CCW license holders can be released but on a need/compelling interest. Not "carte-blanch" like what happened in New York.