Finally...pistol quest finished

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Finally...pistol quest finished

Post by acloco »

Since the time I was 15 years old, I have ALWAYS wanted a Ruger Single Six. Have shot several over the years which has only made my thirst stronger.

Every Ruger that I have seen at a gunshow was either overpriced or overpriced/ridden hard.

Low and behold, the internet to the rescue. Spied a stainless Ruger Hunter Single Six with three holsters and a red dot mounted. Price was right, though I did try to haggle, but no luck. I did ask the current owner to install both cylinders and make sure they lock up correctly. Couple days pass, and sadly, the owner advised he would not be comfortable selling the pistol to me. Wow....major kudos to the owner. I did advise that I am OK with this, as, at worst, Ruger would warranty as necessary, and that I wanted to complete the deal. Owner advised, no deal.

Two months pass and I receive an email out of the clear blue from the owner, advising me that he took the pistol to a qualified individual for inspection. He advised, the lockup is fine....and would I still be interested???? Oh....heck yeah!

Pistol finally arrived safe and sound. Lockup on both cylinders is normal for the Ruger security six pistols. Polished the stainless with Gun Brite (works superb on blued and stainless.

Have not shot it yet, but I will wring it out on Saturday.

Patience, timing, and good fortune finally won out!!!
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Finally...pistol quest finished

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Tom - I'm happy for your long awaited find. Congrats, bud.

I'm in the same fix, have been for many years. My 'handgun Holy Grail' is a Colt Woodsman Match Target 4", Second or Third Edition. Many years ago I sold a nice Sport Model 6", have regretted it ever since. Always had the hots for the slab-sided Match Target, but the price really started to climb back in the early 80's, and now they fetch around $1,200 for a decent specimen......more than I paid for one of my Coopers for crikey sakes. :?

Maybe the "Pistol Fairy" will visit me too some day....glad she stopped by your place. :wink:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

WY-NEvarmints
.204 Ruger Guns: AR 204

Post by WY-NEvarmints »

Tom, you know better.......PICTURES!!!!

Congratulations on the lifetime pursuit victory. Mark was just up your way and said he is really missing that country. You been doing any shooting?
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

Shot two cylinders of 22 Rimfire and one cylinder of 22 Magnum.

Will need to find out which rimfire this cylinder prefers. 22 Magnum cylinder liked the Winchester silver box.

VERY happy with the purchase.

Will post some pics when I have a chance to run this pistol through the paces to get it on paper.