CC Must

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
cracker

CC Must

Post by cracker »

For all those who chose to carry a handgun for self defense I would like to make a suggestion, take Maasad Ayoobs mag 40 class. You owe it to yourself and the ones you protect. I just returned from taking this course and I feel it should almost be mandatory. its a 40 hr class in 4 days and a lot of note taking, the shooting is good and you will learn a lot. we had a few attorneys in class and they agreed they learned more on self defense shootings then they did in law school. I would say find a class close to you then run do not walk to the first class you can. Oh and by the way when he mentioned holsters the first maker that came out of his mouth was get a good holster like a milt sparks ect.
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Re: CC Must

Post by Glen »

The Gun Digest Book For Concealed Carry by Massad Ayoob is a very good read as well. I got mine from Books A Million for $25. 250+ pages on holsters, laws,ammo,where you can carry, & even about different clothing options/styles to keep from printing.
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Glen: One of my very best friends is good friends with Mass, and tells me stories from their times together that defy description. That guy has just about seen it all, and is probably the very best man to have on your defense team of qualified experts IF you are ever convicted of a righteous self-defense shooting gone wrong in the eyes of the court. :?

Ray, this is the source of info that led me to Milt Sparks holsters. If Massad Ayoob says it's the very best for concealed carry (trust your life to it), then to me.....it is.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

That is the feeling I am taking away from his book too Rick!! :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Joe O
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV,Ruger K1V,G2 Contender

Post by Joe O »

And ,the very best trainning to stay proficient is to shoot IDPA on a regular basis.Find a club near you on the IDPA web site.
TONK
.204 Ruger Guns: I own a .204 Ruger & 25-06 Ruger!

Post by TONK »

Joe O, I have no prolblem with IDPA but many of us just don't have the time to run down to the gunclub (which is 45 minutes away) and then setup for shooting etc. Now for the wife and I, we shoot on our property and have our own targets set up to do so. We also practice some moves and things the IDPA does not really. Time is a valuable commodeity around our place, since we have 15 German Shorthair Pointers to care for and usually a litter of pups also. Not to mention the 350 various types of pigeons we have in 3 lofts etc. Yeah and to hire a kid to help is like looking for diamonds in the backyard. We have several video's on Self-Defense put out by the Glock Store owner. The wife and I can shoot a lot of rounds off and save a lot of gass in travel time by doing things in our backyard. I try to get at least 3 times a week in practice sessions of 1 hour, I don't feel I need anymore than that, as I go through 150 rounds during that time. :)
Thank a VET for your Freedom!