Rimfire scope rings

Ask questions or share information about Ruger rimfire guns such as the Ruger 10/22.
savageboy23
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 sps varmint

Rimfire scope rings

Post by savageboy23 »

This question may have been asked already. If so my apologies. What are your favorites for a rimfire? I've got a Remington 597 in the safe in need of glass. I know they are a notorious rimfire for jamming but I can't seem to part with it as it's the first rifle I ever purchased. I'm ordering a leupold VX-1 2-7 rimfire scope as I type this out. :D
Remington 700 sps varmit with Leupold vx-3 6.5-20 adj objective HS Precision stock and timney trigger
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Re: Rimfire scope rings

Post by futuretrades »

My go to rings, and mounts are Leuoplds. All the glass on all my rifles wear Leuopld rings and mounts. Works for me! :mrgreen:
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

I'm with Futuretrades on this one.....mostly all Leupold ring and mount sets on all my rimfires, except for a set of Talleys on my Anschutz 17HMR.

Here's "Helga" my heavy truck gun wearing hers (she was let out of the truck for some heavy field action that day....rats everywhere!):

Even my light 10-22 has never shot it's set of Leupold rings/mount loose, and after about 2,000 rounds, that's not too uncommon with those rifles. They're rock-solid, all steel.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

savageboy23
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 sps varmint

Post by savageboy23 »

Got my glass on her. I used some cheapo rings I had laying around for the time being. I plan on ordering a Boyd's stock for this in the near future so I'll switch god rings with some leupolds at that time.

Remington 700 sps varmit with Leupold vx-3 6.5-20 adj objective HS Precision stock and timney trigger