10/22 trigger tip

Ask questions or share information about Ruger rimfire guns such as the Ruger 10/22.
BitterClinger
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage M12 LRPV

10/22 trigger tip

Post by BitterClinger »

A few years back I installed a Volquartzen hammer kit in my 10/22. It lowered the pull weight drastically, but it still had a mile of travel before finally breaking. Recently I saw a Youtube video where some guy put JB weld on the hammer to reduce the depth of engagement of the sear staging it closer to the edge of the notch in the hammer. So, I'm sure I'll get lots of grief here saying it is no longer safe after doing that, but hey, I did it and guess what? IT WORKED BEAUTIFULLY. Rifle passes the bump test on the floor without tripping the trigger. Safety still functions ( it won't engage if you build up the hammer too much.) and there is now almost zero creep and breaks right at about 2lbs. If you get too much epoxy on the hammer and the trigger won't stay engaged while bumping the stock on the floor or the safety won't engage just take a very fine file or some 320 grit paper and take it down till it does.