??? for Savage 17 hmr owners.

Ask questions or share information about Ruger rimfire guns such as the Ruger 10/22.
race4hills

??? for Savage 17 hmr owners.

Post by race4hills »

Have any of you have had any problems with the clips with your guns? My boss just got two new hmrs for him and his son and both of the guns had the same problem. You load the clip every thing is fine, but install the clip about half way in and it releases the first three rounds in the magazine. Has anyone have this problem? any ideals? I have not seen the guns this just what he told me.
thanks for any input you may have.
204 try it you'll like it!
tt35
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Predator, Cooper M21, WOA AR, DPMS AR, custom AR

Post by tt35 »

race: I feel their pain.... The bad news is that it's a common problem. The good news is that it's easily fixed. After struggling with the same thing in my M93, I simply took a pair of pliers and bent the upper lip of the clip inward slightly and....problem solved. It took very little to stop the problem so you might want to go slowly and try it for a while. Although I'm not sure you will mess anything up too bad if you overdo it a little either. Hope this helps. Good shooting. tt35
Tim Titus
No Off Season
www.no-off-season.com
"No crowds, no limits, no seasons...no bad days."

Sure God's a hunter, he clothed Adam and Eve with skins and told Peter to "kill and eat", didn't He?
race4hills

Post by race4hills »

tt35 thanks for the information. I pass it on to my boss, I am sure he will get working soon! He was not very happy with problems with two new guns the first time he used them. But a easy fix should make him feel better about them.
204 try it you'll like it!