Ruger Mark III pistol

Ask questions or share information about Ruger rimfire guns such as the Ruger 10/22.
22shooter

Ruger Mark III pistol

Post by 22shooter »

I just bought a Ruger Mark III .22 lr pistol, It is the Hunter model in stainless steel and has a 6 and 7/8 inch barrel. It is a great shooter.

I would like some recommendations for an optical or laser type sight.
Rat Force One

Post by Rat Force One »

You can't go wrong with the Leupold/gilmore LG-1 red dot scope. My dad "captqc" has one on that exact gun. In a few weeks we should have a full field report on how bad the rats hate it. Another freind of mine has one and swears by it, and the rats swear because of it. I believe you can get those with different size MOA dots depending on your needs. I fully intend to put one on my Ruger 22/45. Just rember buying a new RWT (rat whacking toy) is almost as much fun as getting to us them!
nothing beats red mist in the morning
faucettb

Post by faucettb »

I shot an aimpoint on my Mark II for several years. Excellent red dot though a little more expensive than some.
Bob from Idaho
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

22 Shooter/Brian: My old Ruger MK-I 5.5" bull barrel wears a Leupold/Gilmore LG-1 as Dan above described. Hitting a quarter sized target at 35 yards from a rest is no big deal, and squirrels out to 50 yards or slightly beyond is well within the little pistols capability with this sight.

These sights have no magnification, but the red dot is adjustable in intensity with 11 settings. I'm not a fan of scoped pistols, but this one is an exception in my safe, as it shoots like a mini-rifle with this red dot sight.

The photo shows a two-tone unit, that has since been changed out to an all-black unit to better match the pistol. Sweet sights to be sure, and come complete with rings and scope caps.

Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

22 shooter, you are going to LOVE that pistol. Rat Force One (also know as my son) picked off a sage rat at 45 yards with open sights! I've since installed the red dot in Rick's photo and can't wait to unload on Skippy :D
Good shooting, Gary
TD-Max

Post by TD-Max »