New stuff

Ask questions or share information about Ruger rimfire guns such as the Ruger 10/22.
WHISTLEPIG

New stuff

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

I sold some more shotguns. Since I cannot seem to get another 204 Sako which I have been waiting for about a year (Rick knows the drill) and have the money rat holed for and scope in hand, I have been getting some upgrades for my P94 Finnfire . Have in transit a Jewel trigger by Kurt Westfall and a .900 Lilja with a match chamber. Will post pictures when I get the stuff. Oh, and a total of 5000 bullets for the 204.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: New stuff

Post by Rick in Oregon »

WP: Congrats on the cool new stuff, and 'yes', boy how I DO the Sako drill. Mine took over a year and a half. Just remember the old saying...."good things come to those who wait". I hope 'they' are right.

Speaking of cool new stuff, I just sold a Colt Officer's ACP Stainless .45 that I purchased new back in '87, added a few bucks and just brought home a new Kimber Pro Carry Ultra CDP II to add to the .45 battery. Nice to have all their frame/barrel size combinations to choose from when going out and about. Going into Sportsmans Warehouse can sure be expensive, worse than Costco because they have ALL guy toys!

Don't let that money burn a hole in the rathole....the wait WILL be worth it! ;) Remember what Frank DeHass said in his book 'Bolt Action Rifles & Actions"....."Nobody ever said anything bad about a Sako"......he was right. :mrgreen:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

Rick, Not to worry. The rathole for the 85 stainless Varmint is not going anywhere.
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

WP: When that baby finally shows up, we want pictures! I have not seen a M85 Varmint model yet. You'll probably be the first kid on the block with that cool new toy! :eek:

Did you go with blue/walnut again, or another version?
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

Rick, No I have a stainless laminate ordered this time. Thought it would be nice to have one of each.
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

WP: Cool, it will be neat to compare it to my M75V SS/Lam/Fluted side-by-side. I'm wondering what they changed for the new model. I don't seem to be able to find much printed matter or photos of the new rifle.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

Believe it of not my Jewel trigger came in the mail yesterday and just when I was through installing it my Lilja barrel came. I finished the trigger guard and stock modifications for the Jewel yesterday and installed the barrel this A.M. Went to the range this morning to shoot a few rounds so I would have some cases to dry fire on to adjust the trigger. This time of the year is not a good bet to go to the range around here because of all the once a year hunters sighting in and driving the range officer nuts. I can never believe how long some people can take to walk 100 yards and how deaf they are to the range commands. Any way, with that and a good bit of wind the best I could wring out was a .306 at 50 with WW Power Points. Do not want to shoot all my good stuff until I get the trigger where I want it. I came home and adjusted it pretty good at 10oz. but will let it sit and check it over the course of two or three days to be sure it is where I want it Here are some pictures of the stuff without the stock on. I’m still considering a Don Stith stock with bedding block. Have some fiddling around to do with my magazines. The Lilja has no feeding ramp like the Sako barrel and most of my 10, ten round magazines have a hard time with it.
Kurt Westfall does a great job making the Sako hanger for the Jewel. Very nice guy to do business with. Turn around time: four days. Lilja turn around: 4 days. Finally, I did not have to wait for a year to get something.

WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

Just ordered this stock from Don Stith. Comes unfinished, with aluminium bedding block, and pillars.

This shot shows the stock configuration and underneath of the forend. Will ride a window bag or rest and rear bag great.

Don does not have any good walnut at this time but said he has some great curly maple. I have always wanted a maple stock so that is what I went for. About a month delivery.

My rings will be a bit lower :D

This whole deal allows me to leave my factory stock unaltered.
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

WP: "All the Right Stuff!" You know what to do when she's all finished......photos, photos, photos! We want to see those targets too!

That will end up being one sweet little rimfire....and the fact that she shoots Power Points so well is just icing on the cake! Well done, my friend. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA