vortex warranty dissapointed me/corrected

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
fishnbob
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C venture predator

vortex warranty dissapointed me/corrected

Post by fishnbob »

I hear everyone raving about the vortex warranty so i decide to try one. It is a pst 6-24x50 and i purchased it about a year ago. It has served me well and feel like it was a great buy for the price.

Now my experience with warranty. I am at the range, working up some loads for my 7-08 that i made from 308 brass[thanks guys] :D and I notice what appears to be a water spot on the glass. I tried to clean it but seems like it ison the inside.

So, i call vortex cs number to find out what i need to do and where to send it for repair. No answer with a message stating they were busy but leave a message and they will call back. I left a message and wait untill th next day, no return call. So, i call again and again have to leave another message.

A week passes and no return call. I have become pretty good bud with a guy who works at a local sporting goods store so i take it in to him to take a look at. He calls his vortex rep and explains whats wrong and the rep takes the model number and says he will send a new one and to send the defective one back in the box the new one comes in. My buddy also orders some more for stock in the store and figured mine would be shippd with them. NOPE!

2 days later his store stock arrives from vortex but not mine. Another call to his rep and the rep tells him that he needs to send the defective one in first and that he would send us a box to put it in. Its been another week and no box and no call back.

I bought a second one this summer and have helped my bud sell several in his store and i was thinking of getting a third.
Had my buddy order me a bushy 6500 it came in today. Think i might be done with vortex. I have a couple leupolds and like them alot. I think I will try the bushy fo a while and when I get this vortex thing straightned out i will probably have a couple for sale and will be going back to leupold and bushy i havent sent one of them back so i dont know what their cs is like.

Thanks for listening while i vent.
Last edited by fishnbob on Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Re: vortex warranty dissapointed me

Post by futuretrades »

I have heard a few stories from people about their bad experiences with warranty problems with less expensive optics over the years. I don't have anything against saving a few bucks when you can. I have done the same thing. I know for a fact and from my own personal experience, Leupold is the best bet as far as warranty and customer service goes. I did have a problem with one of their scopes a few years back, caused by my own stupidity. I called Leupold, told cs my problem and was told to return the scope to them. Turn around was just over a week, and they sent me a brand new scope in return. In the future, if I need a new scope, it will absolutely be another Lupy. Plus Leupold is, for their better products, built in the USA by Americans! :wink:
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
TrapperDan
.204 Ruger Guns: remington 700 204,cz 527 american 204

Post by TrapperDan »

Sorry about your warranty problems with vortex. Try calling 1-800-426-0048.I have called this number 3 times and get right through .
Wolves . ISIS of the animal world
fishnbob

Post by fishnbob »

Thats the number I called. :(
fishnbob

Post by fishnbob »

I received a pm from a gentlemen that claims to work for vortex and asked for my number. I responded by pm with my number. We will wait to see what happens.
fishnbob

Re: vortex warranty dissapointed me/corrected

Post by fishnbob »

Update on Vortex scope.
I responded to the pm I received with my number and a good time to call me. I was contacted almost immediately by a gentlman that works for Vortex. I m not sure that he wants his name mentioned so i will not divulge his personal info.He was very upset and apologetic that this somehow slipped through the cracks. He put me straight through to customer serviceand I immediately received an email with a postage paid fedex label to ship my scopeoff to vortex.

I was pretty ama:z ed that a company pays enough attention to see what the public has to say about their product on the internet and actualy take the time to do something about it. I think my faith has been restored.
I will keep you all updated as this progresses
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

Wow! Good news on the horizon.
fishnbob

Post by fishnbob »

Scope was delivered Friday and a free hat to boot. It was a rough start but Vortex came through with their promise and service.
JDB
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP 204 w/ Konus Pro M30 8.5X32x52

Post by JDB »

Did you get an external power adjustment ring with your new glass? Just curious if they send those with each new scope.
fishnbob

Post by fishnbob »

I am not sure what that is but nothing was different about the scopewhen i got it back except for the oil on the lense was cleaned off.
k9i449
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C Encore WeatherGuard MGM barrel, Bushnell 4500 6-24x40

Post by k9i449 »

My 2cents. Had friend that is a stroke victim (rt side) has to shoot left hand. Long short of he fell in to his 6mm with Vortex scope, trashed the scope. power ring, tube bent, and front bell gee whizzed. I help him do the papers, they got the scope on a Thursday, following Monday he had a NEW scope.