Warrenty is crapshoot

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
robert w.
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger american preditor/cz527

Warrenty is crapshoot

Post by robert w. »

Sent a tasco varmit scope in,p.o.s.asked about 2 other tasco scopes ive owned 20 or more years.i have original packaging for both saying lifetime warrenty to original owner.was told no not covered.bushnell bought them out.
If you buy a company out you should be obligated to honor the warrenty.
Sorry bushnell when ibuy a new scope it wont have tasco or bushnell on it.
I do my job n mess up i stand good so you should also
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Warrenty is crapshoot

Post by Rick in Oregon »

robert w. wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:30 pm Sorry bushnell when ibuy a new scope it wont have tasco or bushnell on it.
A lesson I learned many long years ago.

When buying a scope, get the very best you can afford, as your eyes deserve it. If you can't afford it, wait, save and buy a decent scope.

Just a suggestion, next time think "Leupold, Vortex, Weaver etc.", and try to avoid cheap imports. In many places, you'll hear the brand bashed as "Trashco", and for good reason. Leupold has a lifetime warranty, no matter who owns the scope. I've dealt with them for over 40 years with complete satisfaction.

Buy once, cry once. :wink:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

robert w.
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger american preditor/cz527

Re: Warrenty is crapshoot

Post by robert w. »

well the 2 old scopes were from way bac.they worked fine till a fine visiting relative came over n let a 7 year old wander.i got home n found 2 rifles in the floor with gouges in the stocks .looked at scopes 1 was dented other had cracked lens. as for the varmit scope it was on a rifle i tookin trade n was told it wasnt accurate.i put a weaver on it n never changed it since sighted in 5 years ago.thought let em fix the scope might be a good 1.heard some were sent back new n the tasco shop went in them n made em good like they used to be.
next scope will be weaver or better.but lately i havent had much good with warrentys except rcbs.had a pin break n a few other things with some rcbs goods.called them n said do i need to return them? NO SIR WE WILL SEND REPLACEMENT PARTS NO CHARGE. i know there is probably better dies but rcbs stands good so im stayin with them. lot better than lyman with my case trimmer.paid extra for all the mandrels...suprize no .20 caliber mandrel.they want $10 to send me that mandrel i paid for in the first place.thats now a no buy company too